Blog Entry #1: Nooks and Crannies
What's up reader, my name is Aidan
Polonsky, the author of this blog you have stumbled upon and more than likely
chosen to read as one of your four comments for this grading block. If you are
not here for that reason, then please have a seat and enjoy regardless. There's
complimentary cucumber water to your right.
This realization created a spark that ignited into who I have become today and encouraged me to do everything I love to do in my free time to date. You may be wondering "What exactly does that mean you like to do in your free time Aidan?". It means in any of the free time that I have, I love to find out more of who I am physically, mentally, and spiritually. Discover all those little nooks and crannies to see what makes me, me. Never know when you’ll stumble upon a random door that opens you up to a thought that completely changes your life for the better, because it’s always for the better, even if in that moment it may not feel that way. (Figure 1 of Sisyphus)
I personally loath to run at all times
but have found that there is no better place to start when you want to get more
in touch with yourself. Pushing myself physically has been the catalyst to
every major decision I have made in my life from choosing to become an Army Ranger back in 2018 because it sounded hard and figured I'd learn a lot about
myself to taking 10 grams of psilocybin and going
for a ceremonial run in the woods to dance with the outer limits of my comfort
zone.
To most, the way I spend my days may look like absurdity mixed with some kind of mental illness but ever since I decided to start making my life as physically hard as possible, the simpler everything else started to become. What may have been a massive distraction on my focus is now just this distant sound that I may or may not have even noticed. (Figure 2 of psilocybin)
There’s a saying nonrunners like to say to runners that goes something like this “what are ya running from?” or “man, that guys always runnin. Must be runnin from something”. That’s all just noise as far as I am concerned. I think of it as “I am chasing after who I am always striving to be”, a better human being.


I absolutely love the start of this blog! Made me laugh a bit. I really enjoyed reading about your journey so far with finding yourself and understanding what makes you, basically, you.
ReplyDeleteThis was an interesting read. The way you write really gives insight to how you brain works. I loved to see that you took the act of running and transformed it into something to better yourself.
ReplyDeleteI think this post is interesting, you should give more insight on your experience taking 10 grams of Psilocybin. That would be a good topic for your next blog post. Also, I too enjoy doing things that are difficult. They give you a great sense of fulfillment.
ReplyDelete